How to Find the Right Puppies for Sale
Are you looking for a puppy for sale? Well, owning a dog is a brilliant idea. Dogs not only provide enduring companionship and unconditional love, but are also known to reduce stress and lower blood pressure. Living with dogs also boosts the confidence and social skills of both children and adults. Besides, your dog will always ensure that you get out for regular walks, keeping you active, refreshed and healthy. However, the decision to buy a puppy requires careful consideration because dogs come in different breeds and attributes. For instance, some dogs thrive well when living with a family, some are great for apartments, some require more space to feel at home and some need more exercise than others.
Key Considerations when Searching for Puppies for Sale
- Your lifestyle: When searching for a puppy for sale, it is important to assess your lifestyle and to look for puppies that match your way of life perfectly. For example, if you live alone in a tiny, third-floor apartment, it is not advisable to buy a large, active retriever-mix. But such a dog is advisable if you have a large family of kids who will play with the dog frequently. Similarly, a puppy is not ideal for a person with a busy hectic life. If you are such a person, you should opt for an adult dog that has already been house trained, socialized and has an established personality. Therefore, when looking for a puppy for sell, make sure to give your lifestyle proper consideration.
- Purebred or magical mix: Puppies for sell are either purebreds or mixed breeds. Purebreds have their parents and ancestors coming from the same breed and exhibit a specific breed standard. On the other hand, mixed breeds are puppies with parents and ancestors coming from different breeds. There are a huge number of purebred and mixed breed puppies for sale and you should decide the category you want before you can buy a puppy.
- Desired attributes: As a prospective puppy owner, you should know the qualities you are looking for before you search for a puppy for sale. Are you looking for a puppy with adorably droopy ears or one with sharp and perky ears? Do you want a unique puppy that has never been seen before? Note down the size, appearance, temperament, size, friendliness, assertiveness, exercise requirements, compatibility with children and other attributes that appeal to you and use this information when searching for a puppy for sell.
How to Choose the Right Puppy for You
- Research a variety of puppy breeds to master their “hardwired” characteristics: Before you can select the right puppy for your lifestyle, you need to know the key characteristics of different breeds. Each pure breed has typical characteristics while the characteristics of mixed breeds are usually based on their heritage. And while there is no guarantee that a puppy will grow to exactly match the breed standard, researching on different breeds will tilt the odds in your favor. Make sure to select your puppy based on personality instead of appearance.
- Search the internet and read breed-specific publications for information on available breeds and breed standards: The more information you have on different breeds the more you are likely to find puppies for sale that are right for you. For instance, as you cruise through dog websites, you may learn that herding breeds such as Border Collies and Shetland Sheepdogs can run and work for many hours, have a strong inclination to herding livestock, and use barking, chasing and biting to control their herd. With this information, you will begin to appreciate the different needs of herding breeds and can make the right buying decisions when confronted with herding puppy’s for sale. For example, if you live in a small apartment and have small children, you will opt against buying a herding puppy because it loves to bark, requires plenty of exercise and is inclined to chasing small moving objects. Instead, you will consider buying a puppy with a mellower personality.
- Realistically assess the time and money you can afford to spend on your new puppy: Puppy breeds with massive grooming needs will require frequent trips to a groomer while those that require a lot of exercise will need a lot of time with you. Puppies also require time and money for basic training, housetraining, socialization and “puppy proofing” your home. Equally, assertive breeds such as terriers are not the best choice for people who are too busy to dedicate enough time for training and socializing their dogs.
Once you have gathered enough information about different puppy breeds and their attributes, you should narrow down your choice to one or two breeds (or breed types) that match your lifestyle. However, if you feel uncomfortable with selecting a puppy on your own, you should enlist the help of a dog behaviorist or professional trainer. There are many dog professionals offering quality consultations on how to choose the right puppies quickly. Working with a professional can also help you to avoid potentially costly mistakes.
If you decide to buy a purebred puppy, you should look for a reputable breeder by:
- Asking acquaintances who have previously worked with local breeders.
- Contacting a breed-specific rescue agency. Around 25%-30% of puppies in animal shelters are purebreds.
- Visiting the website of your country’s kennel club for breeder information in your locality. For example, you can find breeder information from the American Kennel Club (AKC) website.
- Contacting the local and national sections of the breed club and requesting for information on breeders in your area.
If your choice is a mixed breed puppy, then you can:
- Visit you local rescue or animal shelters to see if there are puppies for sale that meet your criteria.
- Visit reputable websites to search for your ideal puppy.
The most popular places to find puppy’s for sale online are www.littlepuppiesonline.com or www.flpuppiesonline.com Nevertheless, while you can conveniently buy puppies for sale online, it is advisable to make sure it is a reputable breeder. Little Puppies Online has been breeding since 2008 and are professionals at offering you your next puppy.